Job Alert: Future Cities Initiative
The Future Cities Initiative at Tandem Research is inviting applications for a Research Associate: Climate Resilience position.
About Future Cities :
With much of India’s future urban growth expected to take place outside mega cities, mid-sized cities need to be (re)imagined to navigate modern drivers of change, such as climate change, technological transformation and expanding networks in the non-urban landscape. The Future Cities initiative aims to generate anticipatory knowledge, shape public policy and catalyse citizen action to ensure sustainable transitions across mid-sized cities in India.
Ideal candidates should have two to three years of professional experience with an emphasis on ecosystem based adaptation and urban resilience. Candidates should have exceptional research, analytical and communication skills with a strong understanding of climate change and urban issues in India. Their responsibilities will include conducting fieldwork across various cities in India to understand complex socio-ecological urban challenges, producing high-quality written outputs for both technical and non-technical audiences and organizing events such as policy dialogues. Successful candidates will be eager to work in a fast paced team environment and will possess creative problem solving skills.
We are interested in someone with the following qualifications:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Two to three years of demonstrated experience in landscape urbanism, urban resilience and/or climate policy in the Indian context
- High level of proficiency in Q-GIS or other open source GIS platforms. Familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred
- Education: M.Sc in Climate Science or Environmental Science/ M.Sc Environmental Economics and Climate Change/ M.Sc in Environmental Policy and Regulation or equivalent. Bachelors in Environmental Engineering, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Studies, Geography or equivalent.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location: Aldona, Goa
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details of two references.
- A brief (1 page) cover letter that addresses the following: (1) what interests you about the role and, (2) how your background would enable you to contribute to our work.
- 800-1,000 word writing sample (preferably academic or journalistic publications)
Please submit your application with “Research Associate: Climate Resilience” as the subject to Ashali Bhandari at email@example.com. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.